Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched, but can't find my answer. Is Kia producing an OEM connector cable for the new iPhone 5? I'm about to upgrade, but only have the legacy 30-pin cable. It is starting to come apart, so I was planning on just ordering the new one if available....

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
I have the iPhone 4 cable like you with the iPhone 5. I use the Apple adapter. I know it sucks to buy a $30 adapter from them but it works very well with the Kia Cable you already have.

here is a video of someone on YouTube showing it also working:

And here is a link to the adapter. It is also in stores. Only thing I would highly recommend is that you buy the actual apple adapter because the other knock offs may be tempting in price but most have awful reviews. I always buy the knock off cables but this one apparently is difficult to remake.
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)
slightly cheaper onAMAZON:
Amazon.com: Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter: MP3 Players & Accessories

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
..and like I said, I do not normally recommend giving Apple any extra money but for this case I would just do it, rather than wait 5 days for a $3 POS that doesn't work and then debate on ordering another because "it must be a fluke"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the results are in. I went cheap and bought a knock-off from eBay, and it didn't work. Bought the authentic Apple 30-pin to lightening adapter today, and it works like a charm! After more research, I found that the knock-offs don't usually have the digital to analog audio converter (DAC). That's the component that makes the Apple one cost more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts