Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing an issue with iphone 5? It works fine for the first 10 mins or so and then the source gets transferred back to the phone. The person I called can hear me, but I can't hear them. I've found that I can switch the source to my phone speaker and then back to the Sorento. Is there a better fix for this? I'm dropping in the middle of conference calls on the way to/from work.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX AWD V6
16 Posts
my bluetooth connects just fine with my iphone 5.
My main issue with it is that the sound reception for audio playback is awful.
I recently exchanged my 2011 sorento sx for this 2014. and I did not experience this tingy static on the high frequencies that I am experiencing now with the 2014 sorento. like it has a seriously low bandwidth for audio only through Bluetooth.
when the iphone is plugged in, I do get much better sound.

In terms of connection, I get a solid connection that does not break.

Anyone think that this bad sound quality can be fixed with a new firmware update if there is one?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento EX V6 GDI
23 Posts
I just had to replace my 4S and got a 5S. Initially it paired with the bluetooth just fine but then I started getting a message about the contacts may have to be confirmed with some phones. It comes up every time I start up the car. So, I unpaired the phone with the car and now it won't pair at all. Suggestions? Should I reset bluetooth to factory settings?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX V6 AWD
51 Posts
Socrmom - There is an on/off button in the phone settings menu to turn off the automatic phonebook download each time the phone initially connects to bluetooth. Try toggling it off after you've reconnected and it's had a chance to download it once and see if that does the trick.

Frictionfx - I totally agree that the sound quality is crap on the iPhone 5S when connected through bluetooth audio. It's almost as if there is a bit of static and the audio quality is bad enough that I don't ever use it. Plug in directly through USB and there is no issue.

I haven't had any other issues with dropped connection however..

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX
112 Posts
Anyone else experiencing an issue with iphone 5? It works fine for the first 10 mins or so and then the source gets transferred back to the phone. The person I called can hear me, but I can't hear them. I've found that I can switch the source to my phone speaker and then back to the Sorento. Is there a better fix for this? I'm dropping in the middle of conference calls on the way to/from work.
Darn ... I have a 5s and a 5c ... and both work flawlessly with the system in my Sorento SX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts