Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 SX and have been having issues with my iphone 4s since I bought it. I can pair and sync but it doesn't connect automatically most of the time. The dealer said it was an issue with my phone and the settings. I checked all the settings and couldn't find anything. I got a new iphone 4s on Friday. I deleted the old phone and setup the new phone and I'm having the same issue. Sometimes the phone automatically connects but most of the time it doesn't. I have to go into connections and hit the connect button. Any solutions?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento EX
1 Posts
Have you updated to the latest UVO firmware that came out about a week or two ago? That seemed to solve a lot of issues.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza SXL, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 Hemi V8, 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6
48 Posts
It's a known issue, and highly irritating. My iPhone 4 does the same thing most of the time in my SX...I have the Navigation Radio. Has had the issue sine day 1.

Dealer says "normal", I say BS.

My other car, a 2010 GMC Terrain connects 100% of the time without fail. And any car I rent for work when traveling connects 100% of the time to their various BT systems if I have paired the phone.

I posted about this issue a while back...can read the post here...

http://www.kia-forums.com/2011-xm-sorento-forum/76532-issue-bluetooth-making-auto-connection-iphone.html

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
My old 4 would connect all the time no problem. Now that I have the iPhone 5, it connects a good 97% of the time. Not serious, but not good either.

Since I have an early build Sorento, My contacts transfer every time the radio turns on. So this lady interrupts my music and says "Transfer complete" every time. I decided to turn my BlueTooth volume down to 0 but now it's just annoying when I make a call.

You may think it's not as bad as it seems, But hearing that lady say those god forsaken words after a bad day....i'll just leave it at that.

I asked my terrible dealer if they could perform a Software update and I got a no. Really sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts