Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for my bad language
I have the KIA SPORTAGE 2011 with stereo without Navi. I connected my iphone 4s with orginal ipod cable. Once connected, stereo displays "CONNECTED". Sound is played through the speakers, charging the phone works too. But there is no track information on display, control the steering wheel does not work.
What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
Sportage 2011
37 Posts
that happens to me when the cable is not well connected to the cell phone. Have you checked the connector of the phone?? or try with another iphone to check if it is a problem of the cable or the phone

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
hard to say exactly. My 2011 SX came with the Kia ipod/iphone cable so I just use that. Difference being it has both the aux plug along with the USB plug. I don't know if that makes any difference regarding actually controlling the unit. I have the Navi unit unfortunately, so I can control my ipod via the touchscreen and it does show all the track information.

You could always try the Kia cable, I am sure you can find it online for cheap.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
First off you CAN NOT use the apple ipod cable in your car. KIA makes a a ipod cord for your vehicle.

Second, check your owners manual to see if your iphone model is listed in the ipods compatible for your car.

Your manual would have answered both these questions allready.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
101 Posts
I think you can use your iPhone data cable if you have a UVO system. I do not have the UVO and mine constantly goes from charge to uncharge to charge over and over again when trying to use my iPhone cable. The Kia propitiatory iPod cable should help with this situation.
you should see "menu" display on the screen above the number 6 button. Pressing this will allow you to look through your playlists and such on the phone. Not sure what is going on with the steering wheel, but like I said, the Kia iPod cable should do the trick more than likely.
I bought this one on amazon for about 1/4 what Kia sells it for.
The only issue I have with it (which shouldn't effect you because I have an iPhone 5) is that plugging in the lightning adapter for the iPhone 5 to work is a really snug fit, almost forcing it in. Also, for some weird reason, it says I have no songs in one of my playlists that does, and instead it puts all of those songs in the playlist that it claims has nothing in it in a different playlist.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
Sportage 2011
37 Posts
oh yes, I forgot to mention it, you cannot use the iphone original cable with the basic radio system, it has to be the Kia car or similars. I tried and have the same result as you with the apple cable. You can buy the kia cable in ebay or amazon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tnx all for your advice

I use the original Kia iPod cable that included with the car. My stereo with Bluetooth, but without navigation. like this

When I plug the connector to the stereo, on display CONNECTED, when I plug the 30 pin connector to the iPhone. The screen also displays CONNECTED.

music plays, charging on iPhone goes, but the buttons on the steering wheel do not work. The screen does not display track information. like when using AUX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts