Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, apparently Apple are planning to launch their iOS for cars next year, in what's the latest step in technological advancements in the automotive industry: Why Apple is revving iOS in the Car for an aggressive 2014 launch

While Kia is one of the launch partners, it appears that Honda will be the first manufacturer to introduce it, starting with it's new Civic: iOS Mirroring Set to be Added to 2014 Honda Range | Car and motor industry news

While there's clearly a market for an intergrated hands free and eyes free system such as this, I can't help but think this seems to be a bit of a step too far too soon.

I personally wouldn't want this is one of my cars just yet, I could see the voice command being far too temperamental. I can't be the only one that's old fashioned like this surely?

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,145 Posts
I use Siri to perform functions for me all the time while I'm driving. Especially to read and reply to messages, schedule things, etc...but I spend 5-6 hours a day in my car...it's like my office. I hate having to physically use the button on my phone, then wait for the 4-5 second delay for Siri to be able to hear me over my Forte's Bluetooth. I want to be able to press a FACTORY INSTALLED button on the steering wheel to activate Siri. I think this would be extremely convenient. But again, I am in my car 5-6 hours a day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts