Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1993 f-150, 2000 sprtage EX 4X4 5 speed, 2009 smart cab, 2007 expadition limited.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 spd. been starting just fine. then i go in it tonight. no start. had power to accessories, they shut off when in start positions just no crank. pushed started it no problem drove home. pulled wires off of both switches in the peddle both ommed out just fine. put them back on. jumped both plugs still no crank. plugged them back in tried again no crack. really pushed peddle lots while in crank positions. it started up after a few pushes of peddle. now it seems fine.

any ideals????? :confused:

·
Registered
1993 f-150, 2000 sprtage EX 4X4 5 speed, 2009 smart cab, 2007 expadition limited.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you,

i will tighten them and make sure they are tight and clean..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay checked them out tightened them up. seemed to be fine all day about 10 start ups. no problem. got out from dinner. no crank. i hear a relay of some sort behind the knee bag clicking. what is it? or is there some other problem. we push start it and get home and it is starting just fine now. :confused:

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia GS
120 Posts
I had a battery that tested fine but ended up being so full of that white buildup inside it didnt have enough juice to actually start the car. (even though the meter said it did)
(near exact same issues, worked fine then just didnt, once started worked a bit then stopped again, sometimes would restart sometimes not)

My dads cars terminals were so corroded he spent 40 minutes cleaning them, then let one of them go and probably 3 thimble full of blue powder fell out of the cables sleeve.

Report back if you figure it out!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay, new terminals had battery checked. new clutch switch. started fin a couple times then no crank again. pushed it to get it home. taped the start a few times fired right up so i'm going to replace the starter. hope this fixes it this time. will let you know on sunday afternoon..

thanks for the help

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
red the manual and chickened out. i had way to much to do today then try the starter. it is not the old for truck.

took it to firestone this morning. $250 and it is done.
the starter must have been in bad shape the new one sounds really quiet and works great.

again thanks for all the help
frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts