Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
GSXR1000, Aprilia SXV550, Aprilia RSV4 Factory
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody experienced a rear backup camera malfunction after washing their Borrego? My dealer has offered to replace it (it's still in warranty), but, they replaced it about a year ago for doing the same thing. If this continues to fail, I will be out of warranty.
After washing, the camera screen is blank and the green light on the rear view mirror is flashing. The next day (after it dries out) it starts working again. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem?
Robert

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Robert.

I also have a RWD Limited Borrego. Our backup camera was doing the exact same thing after heavy rain and got progressively worse until it started acting up almost daily on a wet dewy morning. We had it replaced under warranty back in January and the new one has not acted up at all (yet). We have a membership to a local automatic car wash that lets you wash as often as you like (so we do) and the camera gets power blasted many times - it has been fine so far.

Maybe our dealer did a better job sealing the replacement? I noticed they left a few smudges and a fingerprint of black RTV sealant on the back hatch near the camera when I picked it up (no big deal - I wiped it clean).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts