Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia GS
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(moved topic to genearl forum, cant figure out how to delete from here)

I just got this car and have some issues I was hoping I could get some help with.

I believe the previous owner hit a curb. Cant say for sure but 2 rims are very chunked up on the sides and I had to replace 1 tire because we found a bump in it that was causing the steering wheel to shake.

Other reason is there is an intermittant rhymthic grinding noise. Sometimes on a drive it will be almost the whole time sometimes not at all and sometimes just pops up and then goes away.

I checked the wheel bearings they seem tight. Lifted up each side and grabbed top and bottom, got no extra movement. CV joint on the right side was replaced 7 months ago it said and looks brand new. CV on the other side looks replaced about the same time but I didnt have paperwork for it. I have not taken them off to test them but dont have the common symptoms (click or clunk in a turn)

When driving the noise randomly seems to happen, coasting, accelerating or braking does not matter. It seems to get louder when letting it coast and it is obviously louder when turning to the right. Again this is only when it is happening, other times there is no noise at all. I do know I need new struts but I dont think they can be causing this issue. Sound/grind seems to be coming from near center of engine area. The balls joints were also replaced roughly 7 months ago and look brand new.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts