Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior lights work if I manually turn them on but don't automatically come on when I open a door, or turn off the engine, etc. I checked the fuse and it is good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
if your referring to the room or dome light set the switch to the door position.

I could refer to your owners manual with page number but we don't know what country your located in or any details on your vehicle.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
Yeah, im pretty sure the 'door' switch is in the OFF position.

This happens to me when I forgot to turn it back ON when I switched it OFF when I have the door open for a long while, like when cleaning, etc.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 AWD
1,141 Posts
My interior lights work if I manually turn them on but don't automatically come on when I open a door, or turn off the engine, etc. I checked the fuse and it is good. Any ideas?
if your referring to the room or dome light set the switch to the door position.
Yeah, im pretty sure the 'door' switch is in the OFF position.
But even if the dome light is not set to "Door", the OP's Map lights (in front of the rear view mirror) should still come on when a door is opened. Guess we'll have to wait for him to come back and give more information. :confused:

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
But even if the dome light is not set to "Door", the OP's Map lights (in front of the rear view mirror) should still come on when a door is opened. Guess we'll have to wait for him to come back and give more information. :confused:
Well for SX models which have 2 dome lights, there's no setting to door, on or off anymore in the dome lights, just ON and OFF. Now, when the 'door' switch is set to OFF position, in my Sorento it won't light up ANY light at all be it map lights and/or dome lights.

I think of it as a master switch for all interior lights of the Sorento SX. Although I wish it also controls the trunk light.

·
Registered
421 Posts

I could refer to your owners manual with page number but we don't know what country your located in or any details on your vehicle.
conwelpic...this is your pet peeve isn't it. :D I made a gif for you as a present.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima EX
1 Posts
Same issue

I have a 2015 Kia Optima EX here in NC and have the same issue. If i press each light, they come on as map lights, however any setting on the switch itself and the lights will not come on when I open the doors. They used to come on when I approached the car and the proximity from the keyfob and even that no longer works.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento V6 EX AWD
2 Posts
I am in NJ with a 2014 Sorento AWD V6 EX and have had this problem since getting a remote start installed. Last year it was the button to turn the door settings on though.

·
Registered
2012 Optima EX GDI
1 Posts
Same here - interior lights not coming on

I have a 2015 Kia Optima EX here in NC and have the same issue. If i press each light, they come on as map lights, however any setting on the switch itself and the lights will not come on when I open the doors. They used to come on when I approached the car and the proximity from the keyfob and even that no longer works.
Anyone ever figure this one out? I'm guessing the off/door/light switch? If so, can you replace just the switch or do you have to replace the entire dome assembly? This is really aggravating. I've got new interior LED lights and now this crap starts before I can even replace them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have a 2008 Kia Borrego that is new to me. I’m in Washington DC. I thought it was odd that the lights didn’t stay on for a bit. So happy to find this forum! So happy that others have had this issue. I now know that there is a “door light switch” googling that phrase hasn’t been helpful. Can anyone tell me where the switch/button is located, and any other magically useful information?? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,702 Posts
Hi! I have a 2008 Kia Borrego that is new to me. I’m in Washington DC. I thought it was odd that the lights didn’t stay on for a bit. So happy to find this forum! So happy that others have had this issue. I now know that there is a “door light switch” googling that phrase hasn’t been helpful. Can anyone tell me where the switch/button is located, and any other magically useful information?? Thanks!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts