Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today the light in the roof inside my 2007 magentis turns on when i drive into a tunnel and it gets dark outside.the light switch is on automatic.
it is not possible to turn off the light with the off-button.
is this normal?

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
559 Posts
No it is not normal.
You may have a faulty door switch and the system thinks a door is ajar.

·
Registered
2008 Kia Optima 2.4
20 Posts
No it is not normal.
You may have a faulty door switch and the system thinks a door is ajar.
If he wouldn't have thrown in the 'dark or tunnel' issue, this might be the case, but a door switch wouldn't cause this.

You need to look at the wiring schematic with the photo-eye in the center top of the dash. Checking on all grounds and secure connections.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I bought an 08 Optima, used, from the USA. I live in Ghana. I had a similar problem. There are about 3 wires feeding the interior light unit I think. i disconnected one and it stopped. I have since sold the car so cannot verify which wire, but it stopped and all was working correctly.
K

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I bought an 08 Optima, used, from the USA. I live in Ghana. I had a similar problem. There are about 3 wires feeding the interior light unit I think. i disconnected one and it stopped. I have since sold the car so cannot verify which wire, but it stopped and all was working correctly.
K
P.S.
My optima was an LX 4cyl without the auto headlamp switch but the interior lights would come on when i switched the headlamps on so I doubt it has anything to do with the photo sensor on the dash.
K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts