Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 AWD Sorento GDI EX
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 EX with the LEDs in the cup holders and floor boards. I turn my head lights to auto and the LEDs come on. Even if I'm driving. The LEDs stay lit until I lock the car, then they turn from blue to green, then off.

Is this the way they're supposed to work? I'm not so sure I want the interior lights on while driving. I'm just trying to identify when these lights are supposed to be on.:confused:

Just a note, the dash has a green light lit when the LEDs are on...

How do yours work? Perhaps they wired my EX wrong at the factory. (?)

Thanks in advance...

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
There should be a little black button on the console to the left of the gear shift. You can switch the lights off (or change the colors) by pressing it.

I didn't really want these, but it came with my car and the dealer took the entire cost off the bill rather than have me look elsewhere for a dealer that had an exact match for what I wanted.

Best,

·
Registered
2012 AWD Sorento GDI EX
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lights

When I come to a stop and shut the engine off, the lights stay on. I pressed the button on the center console and they remained on until I got out of the car and locked it.

Basically, I want the headlights to be on auto, but this seems to trigger the LEDs, which stay on while I'm driving.

I agree, I would have never selected this option, cute as it is...

·
Registered
2012 AWD Sorento GDI EX
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Black button

It wasn't responding at first, but I managed to get it to work by switching the lights from auto to ? running lights. At that point, I could control the lights with the black button..

I would have thought they would have been tied into the door light switch. I'm beginning to think that they designed them to be on (low) while driving. I'll switch them to red color.

Thanks

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
It wasn't responding at first, but I managed to get it to work by switching the lights from auto to ? running lights. At that point, I could control the lights with the black button..

I would have thought they would have been tied into the door light switch. I'm beginning to think that they designed them to be on (low) while driving. I'll switch them to red color.

Thanks
Glad you got it sorted. My headlights are on "auto" as well and I'm able to cycle the light colors and (thankfully) off. Red does look the best. :)

Best,

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
573 Posts
I am entirely clueless of these and how do these work.
All I know is the default color is red. So it turns out you can change the interior colors? how??
Thanks alot!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts