Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Kia Sedona LX with cloth seats. I have a burn in one seat and am trying to find the fabric. I am told no one supplies the fabric, and the only way to fix is to buy cover from Kia directly. This is $800.00. Can anyone help me.

Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Jackie,

A bit more detail please.

You don't mean $800 for one seat cover do you? you mean a new replacement or a re-cover?

What type of burn is it?

Cigarette or other, is there a hole or is the cloth just scorched, driver or pasenger side where on the seat is the burn, what colour is the cloth?
seacam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the middle seat, bench type not bucket, with a cig. burn HOLE. It is tan cloth.
Called KIA dealer today, and the only way to get it is buy bottom of seat complete, list around $850.00. I called a up. shop and they tell me they can not get the fabric. What I am looking for is a place to buy the fabric and have a up. shop replace the bad section. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Jackie,

I've not forgotten you I'm just doing a bit of research into your question.

By the way do you have a headrest you don't use.
Seacam

·
Registered
24 Posts
If i was you i would hit ebay and see if you can buy a seat from a wrecked car or one thats being parted out. i use ebay for almost everything im fixing and needing parts for. best place to find a part thats expensive from a dealer or yard. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
8 Posts
Jackie, is there any way that you can take a picture of the burn. I would like to see if it is in the insert of the seat or not. I will do some research thru my material books today.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
8 Posts
After doing my research, for some reason or another there is no Korean material (for Kia or Hyundai) available. Don't know why but you would have to replace the whole cover if you could not find another way. If I were to look thru my books (which I have 1 book for every year dating back to the 50's and each book has every material for virtually every foreign and domestic vehicle made) it would take forever to try to find something even remotely close. Sorry. I wish I could be more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts