Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a few days ago that my dome light doesn't come on when I open any of the doors, despite being set on "DOOR". The rear light by the hatch was set to OFF recently and I didn't know it but now it works fine when the doors open, but the center dome light only comes on when I set it to "ON". The door lights on the bottom by the reflector comes on but not the other one.

Any ideas? o_O

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,483 Posts
Search "dome light diode" or variants with those words. Many posts on that one. That was a particular issue in the first gen Sories. When mine first went out they were going to replace the entire wiring harness but someone with a cooler head prevailed and found the diode.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it, but I found it earlier in the day yesterday and found what I was looking for. I went down to Radio Shack looking for a "6A10" diode but found nothing of that name, and obviously the sales rep was clueless. With his help, I found a 6A, 50V diode and stuck it in the backside of the spot where the old diode came out of. Some people said to crimp it with pliers but the spot where the wires go into the connector was a perfect fit. Light came on and went off normally so I slapped some electrical tape on it and called it a day.

Thanks for the help, this was driving me nuts for days :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts