Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey jgongtauco and other forum peeps, if i got it right.. i plan to buy a kia picant tom.... do you think i would be able to get a black/ orange/ green color with in dash cd, power windows and 15 inch wheels? wat r d draw backs of getting an automatic, because i heard that if u get an automatic, there are alot of things in the body that will not be color keyed... how long do you think will i have to wait for my dreampicanto to come? i will even give the car dealer extra money incentive just not to wait and be put on the priority list.. pls reply asap, thanks!!! i really need help...

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
10 Posts
Hey Fabian

We have had ours for only 2 weeks.
I guess we will know a lot more in a year or so, but right now we are VERY happy with it.

It's very comfortable. The seats are i our opinion very good, and the suspension very nice too. It's not a racer, mind you - but hey !
When you buy a mini with 68 BHP, you allready know that ;)

The power is what you can expect from a very small engine like this.

Fuel consumption.. well... 4,9 l. pr. 100 km. is what Kia says.
We have run 3 tanks through now, and the level is more like 6,6 l. pr. 100 km.

Still pretty economic, but where the 4,9 l. comes from i don't know :)
The danish Automobile union (FDM) came up with the same result, so we knew this before we bought our Picanto.
Maybe this will get better as the milage increases ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can only agree with Tubesnake on all mentioned aspects.

It's a neat little car!!!

Ours have the problem with the screeching rear brakes but it seemed to have gotten a little better. I'll give it a month then its back to the dealer.
Other than that its just a sweet little machine.

@Tubesnake: Nice to see a fellow dane here :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by fabian_79@Jan 2 2005, 12:20 AM
hey drivers I would like to ask how is picanto?

example
fuel comsumation
power
comfort level..

Bro, I from SG too. Me from SGKIACLUB (moderator). For your question, paying that amount getting that kind of quality, I think is worth it. The FC is good at about 18km/l base on individual driving habits. The manuel has better power and as for comfort , I would say acceptable in its class.

·
Registered
9 Posts
agree with the rest above (tubesnake and others).

I've also had screechy back brakes, but only slightly and it disappeared after about two weeks. Mileage in Norway is quoted 4.5 litres for 100 km. My best is 5.2 litres and the worst is 6.4 litres and the average is about 5.7 litres per 100 km. 90% of my driving is at pretty steady slow highway speeds. This is for the 1.0 litre motor. I like this car in all respects, with the exception that I would not reccomend it for drivers over 180 cm. who do long distance driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts