Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I had my CeL turn on ran the codes and received intake runner bank one stuck closed what would that consist of to fix the CEL turned off but I’m supper to be getting 21-29 in the city and not driving it rough I’m getting 16-18 on the freeway it’s eating gas quickly how can I fix my gas mileage

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento 2.4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay here’s what’s going on I’m dealing with hell with dealer who sold me the vehicle the cel turned on read the codes p2006 three times and p200a which is intake problems the cel turned off and I’ve went through 18 gallons of gas in 2 days at 243.3 miles what all can cause this service is trying to tell me the cel light would still be on if I were still having intake problems I have an extended warranty just trying to get the thing figured out 😭😭😭

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 v6 Sorento with a p200a code. I am wondering if there is a way to read the resistance of the sensor which is a 3 pin connector going into the lower intake. The actuator moves fine and the valve appears to be moving in the manifold, but the readings on my scanner show 70 % open. I'm showing mega ohms on all different combinations of testin the wires which are power ground and signal. I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a bad sensor or a bad manifold runner. Thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,877 Posts
I have a 2013 v6 Sorento with a p200a code. I am wondering if there is a way to read the resistance of the sensor which is a 3 pin connector going into the lower intake. The actuator moves fine and the valve appears to be moving in the manifold, but the readings on my scanner show 70 % open. I'm showing mega ohms on all different combinations of testin the wires which are power ground and signal. I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a bad sensor or a bad manifold runner. Thanks for any help.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,367 Posts
Hello I had my CeL turn on ran the codes and received intake runner bank one stuck closed what would that consist of to fix the CEL turned off but I’m supper to be getting 21-29 in the city and not driving it rough I’m getting 16-18 on the freeway it’s eating gas quickly how can I fix my gas mileage
Okay here’s what’s going on I’m dealing with hell with dealer who sold me the vehicle the cel turned on read the codes p2006 three times and p200a which is intake problems the cel turned off and I’ve went through 18 gallons of gas in 2 days at 243.3 miles what all can cause this service is trying to tell me the cel light would still be on if I were still having intake problems I have an extended warranty just trying to get the thing figured out 😭😭😭
Punctuation is your friend and makes it easier for us to read and help you.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,367 Posts
How can I explain it better I’m horrible at punctuation
I am not an English major. When you ask a question, use a ? mark. End of a sentence uses a. Period. When you pause in a sentence use a , comma. Simple sentence structure helps others read your question and understand it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts