Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'13 RIO 5
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im planning on adding a K&N intake, so I want to know all the possibilities, sorry if I dont use the correct terms. I wanna know the gain or the loss the engine is gonna have, is ti better to add just the filter to the stock tube, or is it better to add the whole thing?, Does it make any difference to replace te tube? Is it beter a short or the long one( the one you take to the fender). Is it better to leave it as it is? I did some research and "know" that the longest the better cuz of the cold air, but can it damage something? Too much cold air? I've told something like that, but I don't know, thas why I'm here...^_^

What and wich ones do you recomend?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Intakes dont do all what they were designed to do these days. The colder air thing is moot today; the throttle body is heated up to around 32-38degrees.

What they do is just source more volume of air. They cant source colder air because of the throttle body.

You not going to get much power out of them either. Couple kw at most and that is all. You do get faster travel through the rpm band and depending what you go with you can get more response out of certain parts of the rpm band.

Noise too, if you want more of a growl you go with a cotton pod filter (K&N Apexi filters), if you want more of an OEM sound but with the faster rpm travel you go with a sponge panel filter (HKS type). CAI's will be quieter than an SRI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts