Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorrento SXL
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Progressive had me install their plugin, then all the warning lights came on for the airbag, blind spot monitoring, traction control, etc. I called the local dealer and they state that using the plugin invalidated my warranty. True or not?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,075 Posts
If their dongle was defective and did something nasty to the vehicle's ECU when connected to the OBDII port, then quite possibly yes. I assume that all of the faults remain after the dongle is removed? If so, that's a huge problem. I assume this occurred immediately after installation of the Progressive dongle? That's important as it makes it much easier to point a finger at the dongle as the culprit. Do NOT let that dongle out of your possession for any reason until this is resolved!

Unless there's something in the Progressive contract that takes them off the hook for any liability for bad hardware, it would be Progressive that will need to pay for any repairs that resulted from a defective OBDII dongle causing damage.

So let's take this step by step with a little Q&A. We surely don't want you paying for a problem that may turn out to be someone else's.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
498 Posts
Wow! I learn something new on this site all the time! Good information, thanks for the excellent reply E C!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts