Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Kia sporty, couple of BMW's, 2003 RAV 4,
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
must be a bad connection on my 02 sporty somewhere... while driving at night the instrument cluster light sometimes go out and if I hit the dash above the center ac outlets they come back on or sometimes they go out and back on by themselves.... radio area lights seem to be ok..... any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Vtjoe,

next time the dash lights go out, check outside the vehicle to see if the marker lights are off also - if so, need to check the flasher relay under the lower dash,

Hope this helps,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cruise... It seems that i remember that something similar was the deal on my old
'57 Chevy, Dash light out meant tail lights out== tell tail fuse out, or as you said maybe relay Thanks again

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
I've replaced the dimmer switch on my 96 two times because of lights going out. If you wiggle or crank the know back and forth a few times and it goes off and on, I would bet money on the switch.
Just my 2 cents.
UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
did it again!!!marker lights were still on, turn signals work, and I messed with the turn signal/headlight stalk lever a few times .... nothing!! so I smacked the dash above the AC outlets .... and bingo!! back in action--- go figure thanks for previous replies
PS: checking dimmer switch tonight

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the problem of dash lights on then off, etc. I was able to pry the control switch out and the are 3 contacts that plug in to the main part of the switch. I used my Dremel tool with wire brush to clean the 3 contacts, plugged it back in and poof, all is working OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts