Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody encountered an instrument cluster failre on a Cee'd?

Speedo, Rev counter, fuel guage and temperature gauge all zero. The mileometer/odometer are garbled characters

In my case its happened twice but started working again after 2 or 3 days.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a very poor picture on my phone, the dealer will take a look tomorrow and I'll print out the picture for them.
Battery health not checked, cant see why that might be an issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Low battery voltage can cause all manner of crazyness to happen. Similarly loose/bad connections can cause the same type of problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think loose/bad connections is all they can check for.
Actually Im glad its now working as there was a mobile speed camera at the roadside on the way to the dealers, had the cluster been in a faulty state I may have been speeding and have no way of knowing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer took it a part, checked connectors and re-assembled. No charge (thats nice). We decided that the best approach would be to drop the car in ASAP after it next goes wrong, whilst its showing the fault. Last time it happened was several months ago, so I may have a wait on my hands.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI
1 Posts
Dealer took it a part, checked connectors and re-assembled. No charge (thats nice). We decided that the best approach would be to drop the car in ASAP after it next goes wrong, whilst its showing the fault. Last time it happened was several months ago, so I may have a wait on my hands.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I have the same fault with mine but trying to work out if its the instrument cluster that's at fault or the module that send the cluster feeds through CAN bus?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,911 Posts
Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I have the same fault with mine but trying to work out if its the instrument cluster that's at fault or the module that send the cluster feeds through CAN bus?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts