Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento 2.2 CRDi EX 4x4 AT Black Pearl
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sorento EX Premium 4x4 2.2 DSL AT. I have only 1.500 km .The average consumption show me in the city 13,5 l/100 km , a litle higher than the 9,0 l/100 km from the book .When I put computer to show the Instant consumption in Neutral with the motor idle = 18 l/100 km , in Drive with brake on at stop lights =20+ l/100 km . Is this normal ? I think that in Neutral it should be like 1,0-1,5 l/hour.
Anybody has this 2.2 diesel engine and what consumption do you have ?

Thank you .

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Wow, that's pretty awful mileage. That translates to approximately 17mpg. I'd expect a LOT better from a small displacement diesel.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I find if you just filled your tank the averages will be outta sorts for the first 100Km's or so then it's starts to average out...I'm currently boasting a 11.9 L/100km avg city driving on my readout so much better on fuel than the 2004's were.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
I had the R2.2 CRDi with the 6spd auto and I got 4.5L/100km on the highway, 10L/100km driving hard and about 5-7L/100km driving around town.

When stopped at traffic lights the instant consumption should show: --.-l/100km
No matter what.
The instant consumption doesn't show L/hr. If I compare the R2.2 CRDi to the 2ltr 125TDI in my Octavia, the R2.2 should pull around 0.7-0.9L/hr in neutral at traffic lights. (Skoda pulls about 0.6L/hr)

Here's a bit of food for thought for you.
When brand new, we got about 500km per tank of diesel. (70ltrs)
Between the 15,000km service and the 30,000km service, we got 750km/tank.
After the 30,000km service, we got 1,000km/tank.

Let the brand new engine sort itself out, and let all the parts ease up and wear a little - it'll get far better with time.

Don't forget to give it the boot, occasionally. Don't baby it.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I had the R2.2 CRDi with the 6spd auto and I got 4.5L/100km on the highway, 10L/100km driving hard and about 5-7L/100km driving around town.

When stopped at traffic lights the instant consumption should show: --.-l/100km
No matter what.
Mine only shows --.-l/100km when I fill-up the Sorento for about the first 1Km if that then it will never show --.-l/100km until I gas up again.

I just gave my girl a nice run on the highway during lunch hour, man who doesn't love the get up and go on this V6 must have owned some serious HP under the hood in their last vehicle, I'm still grinning from ear to ear with the drive I just had.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento LX GDI AWD Bright Silver, 2012 Rio LX+ GDI Clear White
63 Posts
Is instant consumption display a 2013 feature ? Mine doesn't have it.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
Is instant consumption display a 2013 feature ? Mine doesn't have it.
its not available on North American models, seems to be more of a feature in other parts of the world. My friend in the UK has it on his 2007 Yaris and says its a waste, he never uses it, much prefers the AVERAGE feature.

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
799 Posts
The reason is that the instant mileage varies greatly from one second to the next. A friend with a BMW has a little analogue gauge that shows instant mileage. When he comes to a stop, it shoots up to max. As he moves it slowly comes down and on the highway it's fairly steady if you go at a steady speed. When he taps on the brakes, it shoots up again. So, yes, not very useful. Still interesting info, though.

You can probably get close to an instant mileage if you zero out the average mileage as you're moving. It probably is only useful if you're going at a steady speed. That way, in the city, in your neighbourhood, you can get an idea of the mileage. Then zero it out while on the highway or just before getting on and then go at a steady speed to get an idea of highway mileage.

The average starts calculating when it's zeroed out and by driving steadily, the average is what the instant would be at that point.

I see this just after I fill up. Station is just before the highway entrance. About 20 to 25km to work. If I drive just under 100km/h, I've seen the average mileage go down to 8.2 l/100 km. Don't know if it would go lower:) But, by the end of the tank, the average goes up with the city driving. Usually between 11 and 12 l/100km or a little less. Depends on how I drive.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento ex luxury, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV
82 Posts
It would be interesting to know what the absolute sweet spot for gas mileage is, if you could drive a steady speed on level ground with no outside effect. I'm guessing somewhere between 45 & 55 MPH.

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
It would be interesting to know what the absolute sweet spot for gas mileage is, if you could drive a steady speed on level ground with no outside effect. I'm guessing somewhere between 45 & 55 MPH.
Mine was 100km/h in 5th gear.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
I too get the best figures when having the cruise control set at a steady 100 km/Hr. then the transmission is in the 6th and i usually get about 7L/100km.

I have never been able to get the fantastic figures mysticality got..but I guess the driving conditions also matter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts