1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio / 2011 Kia Forte
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I followed some of the directions in this video ->

I have 2 problems.

1. The Pioneer doesn't have a plug for SiriusXM like the stock radio does even though it says the radio SiriusXM Ready. Does that mean the stock radio has a SiriusXM tuner in it and the Pioneer doesn't?

2. The backup camera. There is no plug for this either on the back of the Pioneer. In the video, it looks like it's an older Rio than mine that didn't come with one. Should I accept the fact that my backup camera can not be connected to my radio?

Any help is appreciated and thanks!

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,263 Posts
So I followed some of the directions in this video ->

I have 2 problems.

1. The Pioneer doesn't have a plug for SiriusXM like the stock radio does even though it says the radio SiriusXM Ready. Does that mean the stock radio has a SiriusXM tuner in it and the Pioneer doesn't?

2. The backup camera. There is no plug for this either on the back of the Pioneer. In the video, it looks like it's an older Rio than mine that didn't come with one. Should I accept the fact that my backup camera can not be connected to my radio?

Any help is appreciated and thanks!
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2021 Kia Rio LX, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,254 Posts
Not sure about connecting the stock reverse camera to the Pioneer unit but I do know that in order to have to have the Sirius/XM work, you will need a separate xm tuner kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts