Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to have this engine installed in my Sportage......

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
1,931 Posts
Would be a better fit in a Soul...ROFLMAO!!!!!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
326 Posts
Did you mean ON your Sportage?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,882 Posts
You had enough of the Theta II ?

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
734 Posts
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't forget to also upgrade the stock tires though...

Maybe these would work??? :unsure: (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Yeah those may work...BUT then it would loose the "SLEEPER" effect on looks!

And to the prior post... 4 GALLONS PER MILE is probably more accurate.....

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He, he, he.....a little fun for Thanksgiving! I believe the engine gets 4 GPF (gallons per foot) The tires on the Nova most likely would hook up well. Most likely would lose the rear seating area after tubbing. ;)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It is SO NICE to see a little humor on the threads again!:):):):):D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Looks like two 12V-71s in-line. I guess you may know that the Detroit Diesel engines are 2-cycle. That's why they all have a blower, because that's the only way they can run. They use a conventional crankcase oil lubrication system so they don't need oil in the fuel. The blower forces air into the cylinder and the fuel is injected normally. This is timed to limit the obvious overlap where some of the fresh charge is going to be blown out the exhaust valve. No other diesel sounds like a Detroit. Another major application was the 16V-141 which has been used in practically all Diesel-electric locomotives, running a constant 900 RPM to turn the generator to power the electric motors. That's 141 cubic inches of displacement per cylinder, 19 C.I. more than the KIA 2.0L engine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like two 12V-71s in-line. I guess you may know that the Detroit Diesel engines are 2-cycle. That's why they all have a blower, because that's the only way they can run. They use a conventional crankcase oil lubrication system so they don't need oil in the fuel. The blower forces air into the cylinder and the fuel is injected normally. This is timed to limit the obvious overlap where some of the fresh charge is going to be blown out the exhaust valve. No other diesel sounds like a Detroit. Another major application was the 16V-141 which has been used in practically all Diesel-electric locomotives, running a constant 900 RPM to turn the generator to power the electric motors. That's 141 cubic inches of displacement per cylinder, 19 C.I. more than the KIA 2.0L engine.
One smart cookie....knows his engine history. Yes, I've heard these running (in a heavy crane set up years ago) and the sound is unmistakable!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
One smart cookie....knows his engine history. Yes, I've heard these running (in a heavy crane set up years ago) and the sound is unmistakable!
Yes he is. and I was aware of these type motors as I had trucker friends in my past that had D.D.'s in their rigs and other heavy equipment.
My hope for this obviously made in FUN thread, stays that way and not "morphed" into technical or a "skepticism" diatribe. We have enough "technical" and "purist" threads on the forum, a bit of HUMOR is needed from time to time.:)

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
734 Posts
Well there's always THIS engine...

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
OK, but maybe not quite that "humorous"!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
326 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
GEEZ...I'll take 2 of them...Don't think even an Abrams tank could compare!
@ddhartma...I think you may be right on that!

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
594 Posts
Where do you plan on sitting once the install is complete?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts