Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello here on Costa Rica our sportage are dressed with simple mirrors, no led and other stuff. So a friend purchased those mirrors on eBay and the Saturday we installed. Turn signal and heated mirrors is plug and play. Now I'm thinking a circuit to enable folding mirror with Oem switch. I will update the topic when do it that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX FWD
232 Posts
Hello here on Costa Rica our sportage are dressed with simple mirrors, no led and other stuff. So a friend purchased those mirrors on eBay and the Saturday we installed. Turn signal and heated mirrors is plug and play. Now I'm thinking a circuit to enable folding mirror with Oem switch. I will update the topic when do it that.

Looks Good.. Please keep us up on your findings for the folding option. Also, I saw an option that I can no longer find that would tilt the pass mirror all the way down when reversing to park.

·
Registered
2015 Sportage SLe 2.0 CRDi "Low power" 6-speed automatic
11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@kdmcr

Did the new mirrors come with the electric motor for folding? Then it should be plug and play to make it work.
You could even consider adding an auto fold feature. I ordered this module for mine, and it works great:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Newest-car-side-mirror-folding-kits-for-original-KIA-sportage-R-fold-side-mirror-control/32647191243.html
Did the new mirrors come with the electric motor for folding? yes on some models like this, some models is only turn signal and heated

Tell me more about this module, how it works ? how did you connect it :D

·
Registered
2015 Sportage SLe 2.0 CRDi "Low power" 6-speed automatic
11 Posts
Did the new mirrors come with the electric motor for folding? yes on some models like this, some models is only turn signal and heated

Tell me more about this module, how it works ? how did you connect it :D
The mirrors in the car will have to be with the folding motors, otherwise it won't work.
And now when I think about it, I'm pretty sure you'll have to add some wiring to drive the motors as well.
The module for auto locking is really straightforward (when you have the mirrors already ofcourse).
This video illustrates it perfectly with this exact module, it's not mine though:

The only thing I did differently was to solder the signal wire instead of just using the splicing clip!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmm I saw your videos on YouTube, is nice to meet you. Yes thanks I need add the power cables to feed 12v + - I test the folding motor feeding by hand the 12v + - and works fine

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Today I got some free time to check the wire, so i find the aswer. This is my actual wire, no cables on pin 2,3,4

This is a wired on cars with folding mirror from factory. I need join the pin 6 with 4 to feed the folding option. The folding output is pin 2,3, with the switch up pin 2 give +12v. If i press the switch pin 2 get 0V and pin 3 give +12V.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some pic more

doing measuring test

My mirror connector, note the empty spaces on pin 2,3,4. These is a place to add new wires

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will keep updated the topic, if the saturday i have free time i'm sure do it

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sportage AWD
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Saturday I finished the installation. Leave some pictures

·
Registered
2013 KIA SPORTAGE LX
2 Posts
Hi, Greetings from Indonesia. i've tried this method on my sportage but the auto folding mirror is still not working.
What i've done :
1. Joined line on pin 6 to 4
2. Directly connect pin 2 and 3 to pin 5 and 6 on the side mirror.
I did this on just 1 side mirror but not working.

Could you help draw in a picture the detail of this connection? I wonder whether any step missing. Thank you in advance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts