Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2011 Sorento LX 2 weeks ago and went ahead and threw some HID lights and LED plate lights and backup lights.

The HID kit is from Distant Extremes and are 50watt Can-Bus systems. Im using 5000k bulbs and it looks great. These ballast are soft start, so minimal power up amp draw, and reach full power in 3 seconds. They are complety digital, and come with a nice warratny. Ive used them in the past, and always had great products.

They work great, no flicker, no pulsing. I can even leave the headlights on (i dont have auto lights) and they turn off after 20 seconds, and when you start the car, they stay off until the car is on, so no flicker during startup either.

Let me know what yall think.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
when putting hids, few things to remember...
1.aim headlights properly from 25ft. height of headlight (from ground to middle of projector) must be 2 inches below on the reflected wall at 25 ft.
2. add relay harness
3. turn on lights after power is on/turn off lights before power is off
to make your ballast last longer..

you should be good..

there's also a sticky thread on top for all hid's you should have posted there:)
when taking pics at night, lower your exposure to -2 to -3 so light is not so bright..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
not to disappoint you, but i hate sellers overpricing.. over 50%-60% same quality, factory.. im so sorry...
by the way they are a total rip-off they just engraved their name there but to tell you the sad truth.. they are cheap..
x5 can bus/fast bright at 50w ballast pair- 35$
fast bright bulbs-pair.. more expensive bulbs-16$
relay harness-free
shipping-20$ (3-4 days)
from china...
http://hydauto.en.alibaba.com/product/528119165-212187717/HYD_X5_CANBUS_HID_BALLAST_50W.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe is just your camera, but i think the lights are being thrown everywhere instead of a beam
The camera is crap, they are very clear, and have a perfect cutoff to the beam.
when putting hids, few things to remember...
1.aim headlights properly from 25ft. height of headlight (from ground to middle of projector) must be 2 inches below on the reflected wall at 25 ft.
2. add relay harness
3. turn on lights after power is on/turn off lights before power is off
to make your ballast last longer..

you should be good..

there's also a sticky thread on top for all hid's you should have posted there:)
when taking pics at night, lower your exposure to -2 to -3 so light is not so bright..
These ballast are soft start and digital, no extra care is needed. i do have the relay harness installed as well.

not to disappoint you, but i hate sellers overpricing.. over 50%-60% same quality, factory.. im so sorry...
by the way they are a total rip-off they just engraved their name there but to tell you the sad truth.. they are cheap..
x5 can bus/fast bright at 50w ballast pair- 35$
fast bright bulbs-pair.. more expensive bulbs-16$
relay harness-free
shipping-20$ (3-4 days)
from china...
HYD X5 CANBUS HID BALLAST 50W - Detailed info for HYD X5 CANBUS HID BALLAST 50W,CANBUS HID BALLAST,HYD X5 CANBUS HID BALLAST 50W,X5 on Alibaba.com
These are completely water proof including the bulb, they show videos of the entire kit working in a 55g water drum. Also, they are soft start ballast, so the bulbs will last longer, you get exactly what color temp you want, unlike most kits its just a close guess. Also these bulbs reach full power and temp within 3 seconds of startup.

Also, with this company, you get a 2 year full replacement warranty on the ballast, bulbs and harness. Also they are one of few that are ROHS compliant.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
well yes.. but anyway just saying.. just based on my experience and research... they came from same factory... i learnt a lot from my mistakes before... the high price also includes the replacement warranty...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well yes.. but anyway just saying.. just based on my experience and research... they came from same factory... i learnt a lot from my mistakes before... the high price also includes the replacement warranty...
Im sure your right about the cost and the warranty. I would just like to vouch for this kit, as ive had them on my Toyota as well with 9006 8000k bulbs and worked great. no issues.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
yes i have them on my bike... they're bright right away like halogen if you pair them (fast bright bulbs and fast bright ballast) theyre' good for high beams i believe..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts