Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 LX V6
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's the outside temp reading on the dash but is there any setting to show the cabin temp?
Seems odd that we set the heat /ac by what we would like in degrees but I don't see anywhere that it shows what the current temp is...'
M

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LX V6 AWD
534 Posts
I don't think the LX will display the temp inside the cabin, but it is measured by the evap temp sensor. This is separate from the ambient temp sensor (which tells you the temp outside).

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,133 Posts
One could very easily ask, "The temperature where?" Especially in the summer, sun loading can cause the cabin temperature to vary across quite a wide range from one area to another. It may reach some sort of equilibrium during a long trip with the AC running non-stop, but the variations around the cabin can still be significant. Grab a thermometer sometime and play around with it if you've got a co-pilot. In a past life, had to do a LOT of cabin temperature measurements for temperature sensitive equipment in many different environments. You wouldn't believe the dash temperatures in Arizona in the summer. Stunning. We never figured on 150F, much less MORE than that just for the cabin air temperature. If oriented so as to be exposed to direct sun, the dashboards got a whole lot hotter.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento SXL (FWD)
3 Posts
I agree with the comment about Arizona summer temps inside automobiles. A common practice here in Phoenix during the summer is to drape an ordinary bath towel over the steering wheel to prevent burning the driver's fingers. I recall the summer sun in San Antonio being equally strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts