Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Want To Put Bigger Injectors In My 2000 Sephia I Got A 4-2-1 Header, And New Muffler, And Cold Air Intake I Was Thinkin 19lb./hr. injectors if anyone thinks it might be a issue let me know also does anyone know what the stock lb./hr. the stock injectors are

·
Registered
107 Posts
no, those are the correct injectors, some others have use mustang injectors and have reported them working fine. Also do you need to ahve the ECU modified to accomodate the injectors or could oyu just plug em in fine? Also how much will they help with a modified exaust and intake (I have a few other mods but thsoe are most noteworthy)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
If those are all the mods you have done then installing larger injectors should no be your next step. the only time you will need new injectors are when you have changed the compression of your engine, added turbo/supercharger, and nitrous (depending on how you install it.). If you don't plan on doing any of the mods I have listed then you are better off getting a lighter pully or modded ecu.

·
Registered
107 Posts
any benefit? Also I would only suggest getting new injectors from the above statement or bored out pistons, ported head and IM (intake manifold) or a compression change.

·
Registered
126 Posts
To injector man: I would not advise you to change injectors from stock. There are many factors that come into play including the ECU, valve lift and timing, exhaust gas temperature and what all. To take advantage of your headers I would think that you would need to make some changes to the ECU. This would cause your stock injectors to put our more gas to meet increased power. You have really opened up a pandora's box by changing that stock exhaust and are risking burnt valves and a worse running engine. Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts