Kia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT 2.0 MPI
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor fellow that posted this valuable info will probably get banned for posting truths about Kia's

Kia is recalling its 2020-21 Soul and 2021 Seltos because of improperly heat-treated oil rings. The affected models have the 2.0-liter Nu MPI four-cylinder engine. The faulty rings can lead to engine damage.

Kia says that 147,249 cars are affected. Dealers will tear down the engines and inspect for damage. Vehicles with engine damage will get new engines. The company also says it is fitting the vehicles with piston ring noise sensing system software.

The service action is set to begin June 11. Kia owners can contact the company for more information at 800-333-4542. Kia's internal reference number for this recall is SC209."

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,406 Posts
From the PDF posted:
Manufacturer Recall No. : SC209

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's old information in that PDF. Dated April, 2021 and the mailings for Service Appointments went out soon after.

----------------

Willy
I see your signature states you own a 2020 Soul with 2.0 TGDI. When we shopped vehicles for my wife back then, I only recalled seeing the 2.0 MPI and 1.6 TGDI engine options.

Maybe the two Dealerships near me were out-of-stock on the 2.0 TGDIs back then. Seems odd of Kia to sell two different versions of the 2020 Soul with 2.0 engine.
Did you (by chance) get a 'leftover' 2019 engine inside a 2020 Kia Soul body - then sold as a 2020 model?

Just wondering...... no big deal really. Also wonder where the NAZI tag fits-in over at that other Soul messageboard. You could send me a private message reply for an answer. No need to do it here on the open-for-all-to-read board.

I do speak my mind there and it's not always pleasant. But I've never had any head-interlocks with administration there. But I've locked heads over here a couple of times...... that's for sure.

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT 2.0 MPI
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's old information in that PDF. Dated April, 2021 and the mailings for Service Appointments went out soon after.

----------------

Willy
I see your signature states you own a 2020 Soul with 2.0 TGDI. When we shopped vehicles for my wife back then, I only recalled seeing the 2.0 MPI and 1.6 TGDI engine options.

Maybe the two Dealerships near me were out-of-stock on the 2.0 TGDIs back then. Seems odd of Kia to sell two different versions of the 2020 Soul with 2.0 engine.
Did you (by chance) get a 'leftover' 2019 engine inside a 2020 Kia Soul body - then sold as a 2020 model?

Just wondering...... no big deal really. Also wonder where the NAZI tag fits-in over at that other Soul messageboard. You could send me a private message reply for an answer. No need to do it here on the open-for-all-to-read board.

I do speak my mind there and it's not always pleasant. But I've never had any head-interlocks with administration there. But I've locked heads over here a couple of times...... that's for sure.
I do not know how that got in there and I can not seem to change it for some reason. I have sent PM's to the Admin...never a response.

·
Administrator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,406 Posts
I do not know how that got in there and I can not seem to change it for some reason. I have sent PM's to the Admin...never a response.
Account Details

If you still cant figure out how to change it, let me know what it is and it will be corrected.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, AT
79 Posts
You're OK Willy, , , we know what you've got! it reads MPI here!

Now, following the "Topic", if you had the $'s, what would you go out and buy? Whatever your heart desires?

Pic's if possible.

I showed my #1 choice, previously, and now....my #2 Choice:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

It has the 900cc engine, the only Racing Engine that BMW ever put in a bike, back when. It could run off and hide, from the other BMW bikes of the time, even the 1000cc.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT 2.0 MPI
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am contemplating the new Z when it is available. I have to see if they are going to be asking crazy mark ups....But at 40K for the base...it is a bargain.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The interior of that Z matches the good exterior looks & streamlines. The three gauges that sit atop the dash brings attention to clever design detail.
It's whole entire package-presentation inside & out will definitely draw eyeballs & turned heads Willy.
(y)

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT 2.0 MPI
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The interior of that Z matches the good exterior looks & streamlines. The three gauges that sit atop the dash brings attention to clever design detail.
It's whole entire package-presentation inside & out will definitely draw eyeballs & turned heads Willy.
(y)
I'm hearing 15 K over sticker......No thanks.... at 39k..it's a bargain.....just what the original Z was designed to be...Dealers gouging

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's probably why I never saw one on Michigan roads and that goes for the new Hyundai pickup also.

I will not drive onto a new dealership lot until I see new vehicle inventory in front of the showrooms again. None of 13-14 new vehicle dealerhips around here have new vehicles lined up on their lots, as I pass-by on main roads.

When I see vehicles for sale, I'll walk into a dealership showroom and negotiate for a trade-in. If that takes five more years, then so be it. We only put 6k on each vehicle per year. So that's only another 30k on our odometers, in the next five years.

I'm in no hurry. A new Nissan, Chevy, Ford, Honda can wait. Those-4 are within 1-1/2 miles of our home. I didn't mention Kia, cuz' I'm done with Hyunkia products. Tired of reading about so many recalls, fires....etc... online and on TV or radio.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts