Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If my transmission fluid is low, is there an indicator light that will come on in my 2012 Kia Sorento LX? :confused:
I parked my car and I guy came over pointing to a trail of fluid opn the ground. I dont think it was mine but because I cant check (no dipstick) I am worried. I made an appointment to have my oil changed at the dealer but worried if I should even drive it there...

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
You'll need to crawl under and see if there are any signs of leaking from somewhere. If there was that much fluid on the ground, there should be signs on your engine/underbody.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering Kungfoo...The guy crawled under and didnt seem to find anything leaking even when put in gear, then another guy wiped the bottom of my skid plate and it had a bunch of oily gunk on it... I put cardboard under for an entire day (not being driven) and nothing leaked on it. Would it only leak when being driven? :mellow:

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,414 Posts
There is no indicator light and no dipstick. If you are unsure whether to drive it or not, you could always call roadside assistance ask it to be towed. Just be prepared to pay for the tow if the dealer finds there are no problems(leaks, low fluid, etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts