Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have noticed that my left blinker has been flashing rapidly, much more than the other side. I turned on the hazzards and noticed its the front left light, and when I have the day time running lights on, it usually is very dim or not on at all. Would it be a wiring issue? If not, where can I find a replacement bulb? How do I install it??

2012 Kia Sorento LX

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
169 Posts
You make it sound like it is a wiring issue or poor ground. I would pull both front and rear bulbs, check bulbs with an ohm meter, check the bulb sockets/connectors and spray some WD-40 in the connectors. If a bad bulb is found, replace the bulb. Insert the bulbs back into the wiring connectors two or three times to make sure the connections are good at the bulbs and see if that changes anything. If it is still acting up, you have a wiring or controller problem.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX-V6 Luxury
208 Posts
You make it sound like it is a wiring issue or poor ground. I would pull both front and rear bulbs, check bulbs with an ohm meter, check the bulb sockets/connectors and spray some WD-40 in the connectors. If a bad bulb is found, replace the bulb. Insert the bulbs back into the wiring connectors two or three times to make sure the connections are good at the bulbs and see if that changes anything. If it is still acting up, you have a wiring or controller problem.
WD40 on the connectors???? Is it flammable????

·
Registered
Sorento 2012
169 Posts
Geeksus - Yes it is flammable. If you have an open flame at the connector, it will burn but then if your electrical connector has a open flame in it, you have bigger problems to worry about. If you do not want to use WD-40 (most people have this handy), you can use dielectric grease.

Tilly01 - A new working bulb from the auto parts store.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just replaced it, didn’t fix anything. The light is still very dim and doesn’t always work, any quick fixes?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 AWD
1,141 Posts
Used to be a fast-blinking turn signal meant the rear bulb on that side was burnt out. With all the advance electronics & technology these days, don't know if that's still the case or not. Your owner's manual would tell you the bulb # or an auto parts store should be able to look it up for you. Heck, you could probably find it here on the forum or do a Google search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts