Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know theres a topic already on this..about the k&n filter. but have u guys heard or done nething new to increase your mpg? intakes(available?)?or any other mods?

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
There isnt really much out there for mods for a Sorento. I have had my Sorento for about 11 months and have not come across anything yet thats worth it.
If you want an intake you will have to get creative and make one yourself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can buy a tuning kit but it is unlikely to improve your MPG's. They say it will but real figures are different. To simplify it: the box will tell the ECU to let more diesel pass through aka more power to extract from. Even under 'normal' driving I never seem to get any higher MPG's, put the foot down and the Sorento goes like mad - and that's the way I prefer it. With the K&N filter and another setting, I should be able to get another 14bph's out of the tuning kit.

Maybe 180BHP in total? How on earth can I check the real output, perhaps a garage can do that?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with ASCIO, I have a tuning box which claims to enhance MPG but in reality it seems to have stayed the same. On the other hand I would not be with out the tuning box now as the performance gain, smooth running and enough acceleration to p*** off boy racers behind me trying to overtake is worth every penny. In fact everybody over the age of 30 should be issued one. :grin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, nothing pleases me more than watching the mirror as you take up speed. I get excited each time I see a Disco or a Range Rover :p.

Simeon, my kit got so warm it burned through the protective leather I wrapped as a protection! Don't know why. I have now taped it to another location just using an electric tape. I wouldn't be without my kit, maybe I simply should buy a more powerful 4X4 next time *grin*.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys,
I would like to know a little more of your tuning box solutions. What kind of experiences you have of those (mostly positive if I understood correct), maybe what brand (manufacturer) you are using etc. And what about the installation, do you have to break the seal on the original motor controller box (which stops the guarantee) or is your box just plug´n´play -model.

Who cares about the mpg if you can get POWER...
Any comments are welcome.

:devil: "Burning Wheels are usually Hot" :devil:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a tuning box bought from a German company called ASA tuning.Bought it of ebay.It cost me £115 all in and their service was excellent.To fit it you just unplug the lead on the top of the fuel rail and link the box in.It will take you 10 minutes maximum.There are no seals to break and it can be removed just as quick.The difference in power is well worth the money and I have not noticed any difference in mpg yet.Just fitted a K&N filter also bought of ebay.Cost £43.06 all in.Will post results of fitting when I have tried it out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All this talk of MPG with the CRDi lump has got me thinking about my own. I have a 2005 5 speed auto H box. What sort of milage should I be getting/average. It's about 90p a litre now so say for ease £10 worth will give 11.11 litres and thats about 2.5 gallons of the stuff. So if I got about 80 miles out of it that would equate to roughly 32 mpg ?????? I'm no Carol Vodermann so can anyone confirm this is correct? Crickey it's not alot though is it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts