Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to keep my stock SX mags and use them for the winter. So, I'm looking to buy winter tires that match. Any recommendations? I've seen in another thread but the recommendations there seem to only be available in 15" format and I would need 17". Thanks.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5 SX UVO 2013
37 Posts
I would recommend against keeping the mags for winter. Not only will you have a hard time finding low profile winter tires, but they'll cost more and give you really worse performance with snow/ice than leaner tires. Go look it up, it's not rocket science!

Oh and also the mags will get destroyed by the salt used on the road...

I would suggest you get some 15" steel wheels that fit (if you wanna be sure buy them at your dealer) and get 185/65R15 winter tires and keep the price under 100$ a piece.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I already have mags for the summer. So, I don't really care for the stock mags. Therefore, I will use them for winter even if they get destroyed. Having said that, if you know what model would be a good winter tire fit I would appreciate your input. I have looked it up but I hope the forum can recommend what's best worked for them, even if it was not specifically on a Rio.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5 SX UVO 2013
37 Posts
Well then maybe selling them could a good idea. I know that if I had bought the EX/LX I would be really interested to get the 17" at a good price.

Otherwise you're looking at 205/45R17 tires if you wanna keep the same diameter (so your speedometer indicates your true speed) as per the specifications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts