Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$695 + $25 shipping (to the UK). That is only for the screen! You will have to get DVD, Tuner etc elsewhere. I like their brushed metal instead of the boring wood effect. And the Xeon lights! Not sure if that is approved for the UK.

·
Registered
72 Posts
:p I've put a Pioneer X1 system in ....... comes with sat nav, built in DVD player, DAB ( dab available as an ad on ) etc etc, really is the dog's B******s !!! One system does all .... european system of the year 2004 - 05 costs around £1400.00 + fitting but worth every penny! Just put pioneer X1 in a search engine, Cheers all B)

·
Registered
72 Posts
:D
Sorry for the delay ref pictures .... been on holiday !!! ( Vacation ! )
These pics show the screen in & out. Note that the 'brain' of the unit is under the drivers seat , very small about the size of a small DVD player but half the height.
Under the passenger seat is the 6 cd multi player.
The round thing you can see in the top front of the 1st picture is a rear view camera. Put the car in reverse it shows clear mirror image ( same view as you see in you rear view mirror ) full screen, change some view settings and you can have half sat nav & half rear view when towing or just want a nose behind. I picked the plug & play camera up of e.bay, sent direct from china within 5 working days for £ 33.00 inc P&P !!! Pioneer wanted nearly £ 300.00 for a lesser quality camera................ say no more !! All this and loads more ( radio, DVD player as standard, DAB, TV etc etc can be added + all touch screen .... need I say more, what a number 1 piece of kit.
Hope the pics are OK
Cheers all
Mark
:haha:

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pics Mark. I am thinking of doing something similar but don't know what to choose! Also would like to connect to the internet, tv, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
ive had a tomtom go sat nav(which is fault less in operation even got speed cameras on it)which ive been waiting for the hard wired kit to come out for I think it would look tidy on the top of dash in centre.
But with regards to lcd+tv+dvd theres this on ebay uk http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5765021566&rd=1
And others under double din dont know if anyone has advice orhow well it would fit.
Apparently its not legal to have dvd in front (in uk)and some import radios dont cover full uk frequencys.
Anyone tried this or the kenwood double din dvd.
Regards greg

·
Registered
72 Posts
:D
Hi Re the DVD pics in the front .... yep you R correct re being illegal in the UK, however, on instalation i asked for them to not wire up to the hand brake ( this is what tells the unit you R parked up & allows full use of the DVD & other things not meant to be used whilst driving ) Now I am able to watch DVD,s, TV ( if I had the link fitted ! ) Play playstation games etc etc. I have added a removable screen to the rear of my passenger seat for my young son to use, the front screen mainly stays on satnav, however, when he has a mate with us I use the front screen for the friend to watch as well. Sorted eh!! Cheers

:thumbsup: :haha: :angry: :D ;) ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts