Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage Platinum Diesel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

wondering if anyone has seen or installed some sort of sun shade or visor to reduce the glare you can get during certain parts of the day as the sun comes in and hits the in-dash lcd/gps screen?

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Some of the shades I have seen (eBay, etc.) look terrible - might as well stick a folded piece of cardboard around it!!
But I find the same - with the sunroof blind open it is impossible to read the screen (aftermarket DVD in mine) in any sunlight conditions. Angle is all wrong. I find I just need to select the music device (radio, USB, iPod) before I leave the garage and enjoy whatever I have selected. GPS? I need to rely on the spoken instructions.
Not the best scenario . . . but I can live with it.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage Platinum Diesel
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a GPS visor on ebay. The back clips remove leaving a flat back surface. I put some self-stick velcro on the back and stuck it to the dash so it's easy to remove. Fits nice. Works very well.

S05 Sun Shade for Universal 5inch 4 3inch Car GPS Navigator | eBay
Thanks for the tip michaelmfl. I did see that one but was hoping there was something else more tailored to suit the sporty.

Good idea though and one I might find myself having to resort to if I have no luck finding anything else.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts