Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Sedona
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2010 Kia Sedona. Ever since moving to southern Arizona in 2011, when the temps get above 100 degrees, the smell of gas starts coming into the cabin. This usually happens when I have to sit at a bunch of red lights. When I am on the highway or not stopping and idling a lot, the smell rarely happens. I can smell gas on the outside of the van too when the smell is in the cabin. I had the charcoal canister replaced back in 2011 at a local Kia dealership and they said the canister was saturated with gas. The guy asked me if I top off when I fill up which I have NEVER done since I bought the van in January of 2011 when we lived in New Hampshire. Does anyone have any idea why the gas smell comes in the cabin, mostly when in stop and go traffic, when the temps are over 100 degrees? Is this an easy fix or will it cost me a lot of money that I don't have? TIA:confused:

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,724 Posts
Have you ever replace your cabin air filter??

·
Registered
2010 Kia Sedona
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it has been changed, but those only filter out allergens and dust, not gas fumes. I appreciate your input though. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Greetings,

Recommend you take the vehicle in and get it checked - it may be a loose hose / clamp on the EVAP canister, a loose hose / clamp on the fuel pressure regulator (FPR), or something more involved ..

In any case, a thorough visual inspection of all lines / hoses / clamps, in conjunction with a fuel pressure test, if needed to check the FPR, should help the technician locate the problem area,

Hope the issue is minor / a quick repair

HTH & Regards,
GottaCruise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts