Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Many, KIa Ceed 1.6 crdi auto at the moment
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What improvement would you make to the car not including better fuel consumption and better tyre wear.

Keep the centre of the steering wheel still so you dont have to chase the buttons around.
A digital speedo so you can the speed you are travelling ( less the error that is common on speedo )
I have driven many cars with digital speedos and they are brilliant.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Cee'd 5 door
101 Posts
Ceed Improvements

I never cared for digital gauges; call me old school but I like the fact you can glance across a set of gauges and see at a glance what is right or wrong.
Something I would like, I have the TFT gauge, is to add some gauges to the mix. I would love to have oil pressure; oil temp or auto tranny oil temp would be icing on the cake. Oil pressure would be added easily enough by changing the sensor type from a switch to a variable resistor and reprogramming in a screen for it. Could even add a screen with several small round gauges for oil pressure, voltage, temp etc. Would be easy to set an option for digital gauges too for those who want that.

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Couple of centimeters added to the seat base, reach extension function of the steering wheel and to the length and height of the armrest...

·
Registered
Many, KIa Ceed 1.6 crdi auto at the moment
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ceed improvements

Thank you "roadbug" for joining in. I only ment digital speedo not the others

When testing we used to fit a tee piece in the oil pressure gauge line for a switch and put a small rear or indicator light on the dash and with that you knew well before the pressure gauge you had a oil failure.

"Dragan" I understand what you mean for one manufacture seats are terrible but I am only medium size and dont need that much room

·
Registered
Cee'd 1.6 GDI in Space Blue
17 Posts
I don't know about their other cars, but the Kia Cee'd design team must have never heard of the myriad advantages of the magical technology known as "pen holder in the glove compartment".

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Yes, I agree. I have to raise my arms to reach the steering wheel on long journeys. In my Golf MK4 I could rest my elbows on the arm rests both sides and my hands were then at the correct height to grip steering wheel. i have tried many options on the Ceed to get a similar setting but the elbow rest point are not high enough or forward enough for relaxed driving over distance. Even dropping steering wheel and raising seat height does not solve problem.

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
Yes, I agree. I have to raise my arms to reach the steering wheel on long journeys... Even dropping steering wheel and raising seat height does not solve problem.
It doesn't work for me either. I seem to have long arms and my elbows fit neatly into the crook of my lap. So the wheel isn't low enough for my preference and the seat back angle doesn't change my reach; with the seat height to get my eyes at the right position over the dash & mirrors I can't see much of the instruments. My son in law is slightly taller but has shorter arms. For him the wheel doesn't extend far enough in the high/rearward position. A very difficult problem for designers to solve.

For anyone with first hand experience, the Alfasud was one of my favourites for driving position yet a lot of people really hated it. I am now very intrigued by the negative comments made about the Peugeot 208.

Oh, something else. If the passenger seat cannot be adjusted for height, then set it higher. All the women in my family have mentioned it is like sitting at the bottom of a pit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts