Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
To cut a long story short I have found that there are two types of air filter available for the 2002 model Sportage. There does not appear to be any reference to this in most spares catalogues, and certainly no reference to engine numbers for two types of fittings. The big problem is that the one listed in most catalogues is marginally too small.
You need to check to make sure that you are not sucking in gallons of unfiltered air into your engine.
One of the filters is marginally short in width and length and although you could be forgiven for thinking that it is a good fit it will allow unfiltered air into the engine. If the filter moves slightly end to end in the casing it is the wrong filter.
Most catalogues list the coopers/fiamm PA7621/AG1089 or equivalent as the correct fit, (even my garage fitted the wrong one and did not notice and I won't be going there again). If your current filter moves end to end you need to fit the Japanparts JFA-395 0K011-13-Z40 air filter to get a good seal. It is a perfect fit in the air filter box.
Check yours now before you sandblast your pistons and bores.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Or, buy a K&N pn 33-2168 and never have to replace it again.:thumbsup:

UPYOURKIA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts