Kia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Optima LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a crazy issue with my 2010 Kia Optima LX today. It all started when I accidentally destroyed my only keyfob by running it over with a lawn mower. The car was unlocked at the time, and I drove it afterward using my only ignition key. However, I then managed to set off the car alarm by locking the doors with the button on the inside, and trying to subsequently unlock it with the manual switch on the door. When the alarm went off, it also seems to have set the immobilizer, meaning that the key would not turn in the ignition at all, and the brake seems to have locked. The steering wheel, however, moves freely.

I was able to get the alarm to stop going off by locking and unlocking the car with the key in the keyhole of the driver door. However, this did not seem to reset the immobilizer. My brake and ignition are still locked up! I still can't turn the key at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to unlock it? Or did I just have very bad luck and have the ignition cylinder fail at the same time?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.