Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
KIA SEDONA 2003 diesel

Hi I've just returned from a holiday in Brittany, France.
I encountered a strange phenomenon on the French autoroutes which caused my car to become immobilized....whilst driving at 70mph.
I have had no issues driving from Dover to Blackpool both ways but at exactly the same place on the French Autoroute the car practically switched off.
This caused the car to have no accelerator and power assistance was removed from breaking and steering. Once coasting on to the hard shoulder, the car would start immediately as if nothing had happened and we could continue on our journey.
Originally we thought it might have been because the car was overheating even though the indicator read normal and the car levels were all normal. Later we thought it could have been a "short" from using the secondary charger in the back of the car. However, on driving back up to Calais, we discovered that the car would breakdown in exactly the same place but obviously on the opposite side of the carriageway. This is too much of a coincidence.

Have you guys any idea what could be causing my vehicle to become immobilized. The only thing I can come up with is that the French advertise the use of radars and scanning. Could their radars affect my car.

I plan to go to France again and need a safe vehicle. I have 3 children and the car cutting out at 75mph is not a pleasant experience.

Thanks loads

pocketpunk

·
Registered
'02 Sedona 3.5L
75 Posts
Their must be something interfered your ecu. Have you noticed any other cars affected at the same spot? Very interesting and creepy... sounds like UFO experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts