Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i googled everywhere and cant seem to find a turbo manifold for my 05 spectra5. anybody knows where i could get one? or you guys think ima have to pay someone $1000 to make me a custom mani.

· Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,911 Posts
Your trans just went out and now you want a Turbo? You will be looking for another trans soon after the turbo goes in.

· Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
279 Posts
i googled everywhere and cant seem to find a turbo manifold for my 05 spectra5. anybody knows where i could get one? or you guys think ima have to pay someone $1000 to make me a custom mani.
I've considered the same thing years ago with my '99 Sephia. One company made a turbo kit for it, and it ran in the $1500 range for all parts. So far, no company that I've ever seen make turbo parts for the Spectra. The components are balanced, and adding more power to the engine, will likely cause problems with the trans in short order, this is assuming that the engine can handle the extra pressure and not crack first.

· Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,966 Posts
With all the caveats posted...look for a turbo for a Hyundai Tiburon 2L
Put this in Google "hyundai tiburon 2.0 turbo kit"

Remember " A chain is only as good as it's weakest link"

You WILL need to make changes (manual tranny, HD Clutch parts, Brake upgrades to slow you down).

I'd also suggest you visit "iaai.com" and input "KIA Spectra". Take a look at the carnage from speed on these cars.... They do crush badly..
Best that you just enjoy what the car has to offer now.
Dave

· Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol.. i guess i will stick to what i have and just make it look pretty.. lol ohh well.. thanks for the input

· Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and from what i understand some older spectras has the 4bolt motors mitsubishi has. if so that would be a nice sleeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.