Kia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had any problems with my 2001 Rio until recently. Four times in the past three weeks that engine hasn't turned over when the key is engaged. The car struggles to start up, but it just doesn't. At first I thought that it was because I didn't get the key fully engaged at first, but this morning it did it when I had the key completely turned over.

Anyone know what this could be? Could it be a faulty ignition switch? Can I fix that myself?

Once the car is on, it runs fine and has no problems while actually running. The temp guage is fine, no engine lights, I get my oil changed every 3000 miles because I live in the city and do mainly city driving.

I don't want to get stranded somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Originally posted by DewDrop747@Feb 23 2005, 10:35 AM
I've never had any problems with my 2001 Rio until recently. Four times in the past three weeks that engine hasn't turned over when the key is engaged. The car struggles to start up, but it just doesn't. At first I thought that it was because I didn't get the key fully engaged at first, but this morning it did it when I had the key completely turned over.

Anyone know what this could be? Could it be a faulty ignition switch? Can I fix that myself?

Once the car is on, it runs fine and has no problems while actually running. The temp guage is fine, no engine lights, I get my oil changed every 3000 miles because I live in the city and do mainly city driving.

I don't want to get stranded somewhere.
check engine ground wires. any that you see see if they are corroded or unhooked

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.