Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, if I just bypass the oil cooler and splice the hoses together so it's water tight and holds the pressure, what is the worst that can happen.

Keep in mind that the car is being driven by a 18yr old that drives around in the burbs or at most 10-20 miles across town at any one time. No four wheeling or towing or major hill climbing or freeway travel.

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
Tranny or engine?

Engine oil cooler would be no problem. Some later models don't even have one so I'm been told. Transmission I would suggest the option in the previous post.
UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rio5, manual, roll up windows. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5.9L V8
343 Posts
I bypassed my oil cooler about 40k miles ago, as well as the throttle body heater. I live in the South West, so the weather is pretty temperate (aka: hot)...

Plus, the idea of water+oil, or water+intake, I'm not a big fan of either of those options... LOL

·
Registered
'02 Sportage 2 door.
339 Posts
I bypassed my oil cooler about 40k miles ago, as well as the throttle body heater. I live in the South West, so the weather is pretty temperate (aka: hot)...

Plus, the idea of water+oil, or water+intake, I'm not a big fan of either of those options... LOL
Were giving you a run for the money heat wise here in Kansas City and surrounding areas. We're having our third week of 100+ heat :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts