Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Pro_ceed MY2010, engine 1.6CRDI/115hp, passed 26Kkm, last (second) regular service/inspection done at 21Kkm.

A few days ago, noticed that the idler pulley situatted on the top of the alternator (serpentine) belt is damaged, actually the rubber surface that should be smooth, is some kind of uneven and eroded. It seems to me that the outer rubber layer is made of bad material.

I wonder, whether the idler pulley is cover under 7 year warantie or not. Any opinions, expiriences?

Thank’s in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's a lot. I think the same, but just would like to hear other opinion before going to service.

regards,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just arrived from Kia service Djordjevic, Belgrade. The mechanic pull out the roller and after careful visual inspection find that actually on the hard plastic surface of the roller there is some kind of carbonized deposit. He used sharp scraper and slowly remove the deposit. As the roller was out of engine, he removes both bearings cover and put some grease inside.

He think that something plastic (maybe plastic bag) enter into the engine during the drive, and stuck between alternator belt and roller. High friction burn the plastic and residue glued on the roller.

So, everything ends better than I thought, of course, without any charges.

·
Registered
Ceed SW 1.6 LX Fresh
149 Posts
It looks to me that your pulley somehow stuck (bearing stuck) and that belt started to burn during sliding over the stucked pulley.

That is just my oppinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts