Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2011 2.0L Automatic 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone please help me locate my Idle Air Control Valve on my Kia Sportage 2011. I am almost certain that its the problem as my car when idling in bouncing just out of cutting out. Never high. It cut out when i was driving and wasn't giving gas. I picture would best best but I will take any help I can get.

Thanks so much

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,865 Posts
Hi can someone please help me locate my Idle Air Control Valve on my Kia Sportage 2011. I am almost certain that its the problem as my car when idling in bouncing just out of cutting out. Never high. It cut out when i was driving and wasn't giving gas. I picture would best best but I will take any help I can get.

Thanks so much
Not familiar with that model and its around the time they started moving to "Drive by Wire" throttle bodies which don't have an IAC - post a picture.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2011 2.0L Automatic 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to sort it out. You are 100% correct. It's the throttle body. It just needed a clean and my idling is now perfect. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage 4 cyl. 2.4l FI
74 Posts
So I googled the symptoms I was having with my Sportage. The generic answer for most vehicles was the idle air valve. However when I go to online auto parts stores and put in my vehicle info for the put idle air valve I get no products. The problem I am having is when I go through the drive-thru or I am stopped at a red light, while the car is in gear and my foot on the brake it rough idles(or at least I would call it that) but as soon as I take my foot off the brake and accelerate it stops. Does anybody have any ideas what else it could be?

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,352 Posts
You won't find that specific part, because it does NOT have one. Your vehicle uses an electric throttle control which handles even low idle. Many times the air plate and bore of the throttle body unit "gunk up" and need to be cleaned with an aerosol throttle body product. You don't say how many miles on your now almost 9 yr old vehicle has or any maint(other than oil changes) has been done,like spark plugs, air filter and such. Also you don't report if the Check Engine Light is illuminated when driving, and if so getting the car's computer scanned for codes(and posting them here) would go a long way in offering more precise help to you.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
754 Posts
Yes, please provide the requested information on your vehicle...it only takes a few minutes and will pay big dividends.....

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,865 Posts
Also a good idea to search for same topic posts - threads merged.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Ok having the same problem. Where is the throttle body located? Mine is a 2012.
It is bolted to the cars engine's intake manifold and has a tube on it that runs over to the Air Cleaner assembly.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage 4 cyl. 2.4l FI
74 Posts
I have 157,000 miles the o2 sensor has been changed. I changed spark plugs and boots about a year ago. Oil changes at recommended times for synthetic oil. Brakes have been changed and tires replaced. about a year ago too. Air filters a couple of times since I owned it. It has been a great car for me. almost paid off as a second-hand vehicle. Carfax did not say anything expensive had been done on it. When I bought it. It had 86, 000 on it when I bought it. Was registered as a rental so I figure it was taken care of by rental Co. It is not showing any codes.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Sounds like you've taken pretty good care of the car. Good chance then that the throttle body may just need a good cleaning, particularly at the mileage it has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts