Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please help me out here, im tryin to fix my girlfriends 97 kia sephia....It seems to be a regular problem from what i see on this forum..when the AC is on, the motor tends to stall out,RPMs drop, etc...i need to clean out the idle air control valve(500 bucks to replace)...anybody know where this is located? did u guys have similar problems?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,129 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You're right, Idle Speed Control - ISC (IAC) problems are fairly common.

Take a look at the in web sit in my sig and you'll find a lot more pictures and info.

Attachments

·
Registered
'97 Kia Sephia
4 Posts
Hey everyone!! Im new to the forums here as well, but Ive sort of got the same issue, Idle drops to almost nothing, surges really bad, but only when you come to a complete stop, Ive been lurking here all morning researching this, but seems like this is a common problem with the 97s.....Running and accelerating there is no issue, the CEL is on, reset it several times, will stay off for a little, but its not a misfire code, something about a catalyst issue...dont remember the verbage exactly....Leaning towards the IAC valve/MAF sensor.....which one can you unplug? I wanna say its the MAF...

Thanks in advance everyone!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts