Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I have a '96 Kia Sephia and like a month ago every time the car was stopped at a traffic light, I could see in the rev meter the car started to increase and decrease the revs (it felt just like I pressed the accelerator pedal). It keeps that way until hte engine shows 0 rev, and the car stops. After i asked a few mechanics, I figured out a way in which I disconnect a sensor, and reconnect it. And from time to time, that gives me a few days of normal function. I finally went to the official kia repair service and they told me none of the sensors were showing any signals so they had to clean the ISC valve to see if that solved the problem.

I'm clueless about cars so I don't know if the isc valve is related to the problem I'm having, or if there's any other way to solve the problem.

thanks for taking the time to read and respond!

cheers

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the ISC valve wasn't the problem. What else could it be? (I got the ISC valve cleaned up and the problem re-appeared this weekend).

again, thanks in advance

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By asking mechanics, I was told that the sensor that seems to be related to the problem I'm having is called MAF (Mass Air Flow). Again, the only way I found so far of temporally (the car can last with no problems for weeks) fixing the problem is disconnecting and reconnecting. Seeing that the ISC valve now it's clean....what else could it be? (i also was told that even the oil filter could be the problem). Have someone in here had the same problem, and fixed it?...
thanks very much:)

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Not too much you can do here but replace it and hope that's the problem.

I ran into a problem similar to this the other day on an '06 Sportage. The problem was a piece of lint got caught on the hot film portion of the mass air flow sensor. So I guess one thing you can do is make sure nothing it caught on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts