Kia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone and greetings here from the "cold" Finland :D . We have just ordered new picanto and i would like to know what indoor-car-entertainment you can get in picanto? CD-MP3 player is must and I have one allready but what about the speakers and subwoofers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

In England the Picantos come with different ICE setups depending which model you buy.

The base spec GS 1.0 only has 2 front speakers. Next up the LX 1.1 has 4 speakers, one per door while the top of the range SE 1.1 has 6 speakers - one per door plus 2 small tweeters in the A-pillar trims.

Not aware of any subwoofers but the radio is a CD/MP3 player and a good one at that.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi there,

PicantoSE,

I'll have my ICE pictures nowadays, in case i can see dome pictures different then mine. In fact i have Radio/casette/cd(mp3) on my pic, and i can see that your ICEs are a little thin that you have a storey under it, but i don't. Let me make you see the pictures thesedays, but you're right about the 6 speakers...

CU

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In our version LX 1.0 I think and there is 4 speaker places in the doors. I was just thinking that has anyone made places for subwoofer? It would be nice to see what kind on boxes has people done. Pictures would be nice. :)

:) thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not really bothered about a subwoofer - where would it go, the boot is small and cramped as it is.

However, as far as standard equipment goes, it's a good setup.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have an se with the 6 speakers too, i replaced the stock jvc radio, which was cool enough with my blaupunkt la and very nice it is too, i wont be bothering with a sub woofer either though, i think its a bit pointless.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi,

Absolutely correct, the car indeed is a subwoofer itself. In fact i saw bigger woofer boxes bigger than picanto....

But maybe you can replace the speakers with some kind of special ones, maybe r&f, explod, etc...

CU

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had my Picanto GS three months now. The standard head unit here in the Uk, a JVC 50W x 4 is an excellent piece of kit to recieve as standard on such a cheap car. However it came with only two front speakers which were of little use when the volume was above a level I am used to!!! The first thing I did was to repalce the standard speakers with Sony component speakers which has improved the audio tremendously. However this has left me with an annoying rattle from the way I removed the door panel in a slapdash manner. Does anyone know of a way of removing the door panel fully, I found the screws but cant figure the clips on the side of the door, only visable with the door open. Any guidance would be much apreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi once again :) We have now our picanto and I have made some modifications on it :57: So I have Sony MP3 player, ampflier under the co-drivers seat and 10" subwoofer on the back. I can get pictures if someone here likes to see it :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
yeh, let us see this 10" woofer on the back,
i am going to add a woofer as i receive my picanto & i want to know how much space does a sub-woofer of 10" takes in such a little box,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im actually thinking of building a 10" sub in to the spare wheel space then with amps either side of the boot also with top quallity sound insalation.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do all the fun stuff now while you can.

I'm gonna be a dad in september so I have plenty of things I need to use any spare room for :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts