Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I trying to find the IAC rubber gasket ( one is like 3 ovals stick together ) and I find out in auto parts that they only sell all trottle assambly and cost arround $600 to $700 here in Puerto Rico I just need the rubber gasket because is broken and leaking water into the engine. I tried to make it in silicone but I really don't trust that...!! Please Help were I can find that gasket....???

·
Registered
1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon, 2003 Kia Sedona, 2012 Kia Sedona, 2007 Hyundai Tucson
48 Posts
First, it's important to note which year Sedona. Then it's important to get the terminology correct. Sedona has no "IAC". Do you refer to the IAT?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that I forgot kia sedona 03 ...!! In the bottom side of the trottle body have a sensor with 2 water hoses and a rubber gasket ( green color ) the shape is like 3 ovals stick each other ...!!!

·
Registered
1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon, 2003 Kia Sedona, 2012 Kia Sedona, 2007 Hyundai Tucson
48 Posts
Search autozone.com or advanceautoparts. They have intake manifold gasket sets. In any event, RTV silicone gasket sealer is pretty good stuff and will work if done properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks But Thats Exactly What I Don't Want To Do ....!! Rigth now have rtv silicone but I don't trust that I can't even find any part number of that rubber gasket....??? This is frustating....!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why don't you trust it? It either seals or it don't. GM uses it for a lot of gaskets. I've been using it for years, it's great stuff. It's not going to break down and fail, unlike paper gaskets. Call the dealer if you want the part number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autozone, Pepboys, and all that big auto parts stores don't work that gasket either small auto parts stores. I already called the dealer and they told me that I have to leave my sedona there so they can fix it and they can't bring me any more information. That's why I'm here looking for some answers...!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rubber Gasket

The IACV gasket is fragile, but what is more frustrating is that it actually expands under vacuum/pressure and temperature. it is possible that the old gasket has expanded so much that it is impossible to get it back into position once you have removed the IACV. so a good safety precaution IMO would be to have a new gasket standing by just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts