Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1999 Kia Sephia for $250. 121,000 miles, very clean, the only issue being it won't idle properly. I figured it was the IAC, so I removed it to clean it only to realize it wasn't very dirty and wasn't stuck. I watched a video on Youtube showing that when the ignition is on, the shutter should open, but mine closes completely. With the car off the shutter is just slightly open. It also makes a constant humming sound when the ignition is on. I tested the IAC manually from the battery (positive on the center pin, alternating negative between the outer pins) and the shutter opens and closes fine. I'm honestly not sure where to go from here, any help is appreciated! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,958 Posts
the only issue being it won't idle properly. I figured it was the IAC,
Could you describe "won't idle properly". high, low, erratic, hot, cold ?

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you describe "won't idle properly". high, low, erratic, hot, cold ?
It was idling very low and backfiring. I was able to figure out the issue though, the previous owner had switched the plugs between the TPS and IAC (no idea why). Once I switched them back the car started running perfect. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts