Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2011 Kia Soul Base. It's a standard 1.6L stock motor, with a 5 Speed Manual transmission. I love my little beast. I recently put a Megan Race suspension on, and took her ride height down 1.5". Now I want to do it again. I am still running stock tire and rims, 195/65R15. I wanted to go smaller, with a 205/55R15. I was told by the tire company that it was illegal to do so. Weight reasons. Now my question:
Is it possible to lower the tire size on a stock 15" rim?

Stepping up to a 17" rim for the semi low profile tire is pointless. As it adds more ride height, and my goal is to drop it. Changing the center of gravity. We'll talk motor swap later. 😁

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,958 Posts
I currently have a 2011 Kia Soul Base. It's a standard 1.6L stock motor, with a 5 Speed Manual transmission. I love my little beast. I recently put a Megan Race suspension on, and took her ride height down 1.5". Now I want to do it again. I am still running stock tire and rims, 195/65R15. I wanted to go smaller, with a 205/55R15. I was told by the tire company that it was illegal to do so. Weight reasons. Now my question:
Is it possible to lower the tire size on a stock 15" rim?

Stepping up to a 17" rim for the semi low profile tire is pointless. As it adds more ride height, and my goal is to drop it. Changing the center of gravity. We'll talk motor swap later. 😁
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts