Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2013 Sportage LX yesterday and when i got it home i realized, "Hey :D ...NOW I can finally use my kayak again!" But sadly I cannot. I realized it doesnt have rails to put crossbars on. Does anyone know if its possible to purchase the factory roof rails? If so How Much and where?
Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Kia has no "kit".The rails themselfs are list price $143.00 each, I'll sell for $110.00. The ends caps are $62.00 each , list, sale price of $49.00. there is front and rear mldgs needed as well thet are $31.00 sale price of 25.00 each. If you wanted all the hardware that will be extra.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe i'm just crazy, but i can't find the price on the Rhino Rack...
I wasn't sure what an unsealed roof was...But I guess it's not an option?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX, 6spd manual
184 Posts
It's not rated for unsealed roads, which means not for offroading as the extra bumps break the rack.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Paid Out the door TTT included 21,263.00 -They included Cargo Net,Wheel Locks, and Trunk Plastic Liner.
I thought I did alright...But I wish the rails where included.

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kia has no "kit".The rails themselfs are list price $143.00 each, I'll sell for $110.00. The ends caps are $62.00 each , list, sale price of $49.00. there is front and rear mldgs needed as well thet are $31.00 sale price of 25.00 each. If you wanted all the hardware that will be extra.
So I would need 2x Roof Rails $110.00, 2x End Caps $49.00, and 2x Moldings $25.00= $368.00 Total- Correct? + shipping of course.
And what does "all the hardware" include?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
So I would need 2x Roof Rails $110.00, 2x End Caps $49.00, and 2x Moldings $25.00= $368.00 Total- Correct? + shipping of course.
And what does "all the hardware" include?
Thanks
Yes, your correct. No tax if you not in MI. The hardware would be nuts and bolts. The cross rail kit from Kia has a list of $210.00, yours for $169.00

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
COBRA259- do you have a website or pics of product?
I called up my dealership and they said they don't offer the "Rails" as a Parts Accessory. Which I thought was strange...Maybe I'll try phoning another local dealer.

And I haven't looked into yakima or the others yet, my car's only 2 days old and I was initially just bummed. But I do like the stock look of the rails.
I'll also read up the forum about others experience w/yakima etc.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
So I'd only need 2x end caps...right?
sorry i thought you'd need 2 end cups per rail. double check on this. also its weird you don't have rails on top. i thought only a base model came without these,but you claim you bought LX version.... :confused:

·
Registered
2013 Sportage LX
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I thought it was supposed to also, but website also shows power folding mirrors standard, if I remember right. But mine has none. Just Flush black plasticfills in the Rail path. It looks fine, But i've just never not had rails. I'm concearned about scratching the paint on my roof with the others. Am I being paranoid?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts